Since Vista, Microsoft Windows platforms no longer allow users to modify downloaded Excel-based program files without granting themselves permission to modify the folder. Here's how, and only needs to be done once.
1. Locate the ProAPOD folder
- Open Windows Explorer
- Open the OS (C:) drive
- Scroll down to Program Files (x86 if it exists)
- Scroll down to ProAPOD
- Right-click the ProAPOD folder
- Select Properties.
2. In the Properties dialogue
- Select the Security tab
- Click Edit
3. In the Permissions dialogue
- Under Group or user names select the user you are granting permission
- Under Permissions for... check Allow (Full control)
- Click Apply
- Click Ok
Note: Be sure to click Apply BEFORE clicking OK. Repeat for each of your adminstrator and user names.
4. Close Explorer
Close Windows Explorer and re-open ProAPOD. You should be able to save your work without any further issues. If not, repeat the process to make sure you gave full control to each of your adminstrator and user names.
Click the link below if you prefer to watch the video.